Manufacturer Warranty Terms for Baumhaus Products
As we work with multiple furniture manufacturers, we endeavour to offer maximum visibility over the manufacturer warranty offered for specific products or services. The terms below overwrite our standard terms and are applicable to all products made by Baumhaus, including items that are on sale.
- We accept returns for transit damage, providing that we are informed within 7 days of the delivery via the contact-us form. Any manufacture or product quality issues can be returned for refund within a period of 180 days, replaced free of charge up to 365 days, or will qualify for 'on site' repair up to 5 years, or alternatively if you want to return a product, 12% of the cost price is deducted for every complete year from date of purchase to date of return request. All issues must be logged via the contact-us form and Baumhaus (the manufacturer) must accept the issue as being a valid manufacture issue. You can return the item due to ‘change of mind’ provided we are informed about this within 15 days from the day after the delivery was made. Any item being returned must be back to us no later than 30 days of the date the 'Returns Authorisation Number' was issued. Any item returned after 30 days will be rejected.
We will collect the products from you, if you agree that we may charge you the following return fees based on the size of each product to cover our direct costs:
- Large items (e.g. Wardrobes) - first item £100, subsequent large items £50
- Medium (e.g. bookcases, desks, sideboards, chest of drawers, storage and display cabinets, dining, armchairs) - first item £50, subsequent medium items £25
- Small items (e.g. benches, small tables, chairs, mirrors, lamps, clocks) – first item £20, subsequent small items £10
- All returned items must resalable and in 'as new' condition. Therefore they must be in the original wrappings, unused and unassembled (if applicable). Please ensure that the person unwrapping the item is very careful to keep the packaging intact. This is also essential in preventing the item being damaged on its return. If the item is a drop-ship item, it is the responsibility of the Business Partner to convey these instructions to the end customer. Responsibility for items damaged during return because of inadequate wrapping lies with the Business Partner. We regret that under no circumstances can we accept returns that do not have their original packaging.
- All items are signed for as proof of delivery. Please ensure that prior to signing, you check that the packaging is intact. We are unable to accept claims for damages where the item has been signed for as ‘packaging intact’.
- Damages will be replaced free of charge, providing that you inform us via email within 7 days of the item being delivered.
- All damage claims must be supported by evidence in the form of digital photographs which you should email to us.
- In the highly unlikely event that an item is defective, you must inform us within 5 years of the original purchase date.
- Claims for defective items must be supported by evidence in the form of digital photographs which you should email to us.
- Baumhaus (the manufacturer) will inspect the item to verify that the item is defective and if it is, you will be refunded for the full value. If the item is deemed not to be defective, a full explanation will be provided by Baumhaus. Baumhaus has the final say on whether an item is defective or not. The value of the refund is at their discretion and each case will be considered on its own merit.
- Taking into account the varying individual conditions to which the furniture could be subject once delivered, under no circumstances will we replace or refund items once 180 days have elapsed since delivery.
- Where an item has been returned within the 7-day return deadline, a refund will be issued to you. Delivery charges incurred do not get credited.
- Baumhaus (the manufacturer) reserve the right to decide whether a damaged or defective item is replaced or refunded.